Friday, 13 January 2012

A post from the Queen.......sized ikea bed

YAWN. My exams finished yesterday (until next Thursday) so I'm having a lie in, which so far hasn't gone that well. I'm hungry enough that I'm going to go, get up and warm myself some maple and raisin pancakes. They're the greatest breakfast food of all time. Then I'll do some physics, then go for a run! I need to rethink the order possibly - seeing as I may end up crippled along the gutter if I eat before I go...

Also I have a pint less blood! Gave some to BTSNI. They rang me, low on my type ;) saught after stuff! Not. But in all seriousness they're desperately low and the only thing I did was tweet about it. Next time I'm actually going to get people to come down. The blood goes to up to 4 different people, platelets to cancer patients and that sort of thing. I'm going to read up on it because I'm fascinated by that stuff. Weird.

Really there aren't a lot of ways you can help people in that kind of physical way. As of yet there's nothing I can do to help people directly that have cancer or haemophilia. I guess it was one tiny gesture that helps a little bit. All I want is at some stage to be able to help people out, whether I end up on a ward or in a lab....Giving blood is a pretty nice thing to do, so is signing the organ donor register, which I've been praying about for a while. Signing OFF it will help a lot more people than signing ONTO it. There needs to be more awareness. Personally i don't understand why you wouldn't sign up, you won't need your organs when you're dead. But It's free choice, but it would also be a tragic situation to be in if someone ended up dying on a waiting list because someone who was already dead didn't sign on the dotted line.

For now, I have 2 kidneys, and one day someone might get use of these bad boys. Unless we've worked out how to grow them, and I don't reckon that's a long way off...

****post edit***** see how I mentioned a few months ago about the register, and guess what I saw on the news. One step closer to changing how it works. yeahboy!

No comments:

Post a Comment