Pray for guidance and when you get it, pray for more guidance.
For someone whose head is all over the shop most of the time, praying often doesn't factor in as the first port of call when I start worrying about things. By things I mean all scales of things, from fairly serious things to "oh my dickins what ways can I possibly make rice and beans bearable". Praying is something I only recently found my own way of doing. I've never been comfortable praying in groups, in fact it's in close proximity to spiders and dying with 17 cats on my list of things to be scared of. Be it a group of 4 or amongst a Cssm team of 30, I can't pray the words I mean out loud. The only time I have meaningful time of prayer is when I'm entirely alone. Very few times have I been able to pray something meaningful with people around me.
Praying one to one with someone can be amazing. It's the most profound demonstration of Christian fellowship that I can think of. Amongst the crowd of church people I hang about with its something I think we need to do more, everyone has things to pray for.
Huge respect to the guys that without fail have prayer cell. Absolutely huge.
Instead of worrying about what the rest of the year has in store I need to pray.
Philippians 4:6
No comments:
Post a Comment