Wednesday, 6 June 2012

A thoughtful afternoon.

This (worryingly) had been the first afternoon in a long time that I sat down with a diary in one hand and the intention of praying it out until I felt like I'd done enough. Honestly, you can never do enough, but since I got home I've sat and prayed the bit out. 
Over exams I completely let it all slip, I prayed when I went to bed, mostly about exams, and didn't open my bible once for about 4 weeks. There's no excuse, but for someone who barely had time to eat, the bible wasn't high on my to do list.....I know it should have been. I have this little red book (if you know me well you might realise I have a lot of books such as the blue book of apologetics, the black moleskine sketchbook of boredom and the tiny red book of doodles) and in it a while back I started writing down prayers. My goal for the summer is to start, every night, writing down my prayers in it. It helps me focus, it makes prayer a bit more active for me, I find it really hard to sit and pray because I always forget stuff, at least with this I feel like I'm actively really thinking about what I'm saying. Although God knows what I'm trying to say anyway, and words are not my strong suit remotely, it'll help to look back and see how they've been answered. No one will probably ever see this book, unless they specifically ask. Even at that there are very, very few people I'd be willing to show it to. In the same way there are very few people that I'm ok with reading this blog. The goal is to use this summer like a springboard, so that in September it becomes habit to jot down prayers in it.
Let's see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment